At McRoberts, we believe that appropriate conduct is a shared responsibility of all members of the school community. We, students, staff, and parents, respect ourselves and others, our environment and learning. Socially responsible behaviour contributes to a safe and positive learning environment. The Richmond District Code of Conduct applies in school and at all school functions.
Richmond School District Code of Conduct
The Board of School Trustees recognizes its obligation to all members of the school community to provide a positive climate and a safe, healthy environment such that effective, purposeful teaching and learning may take place. To that end, it is expected that all members of the school community will conduct themselves in an ethical and lawful manner that demonstrates respect for self, others, property and the environment. A violation may warrant intervention or disciplinary action.
It is expected that all members of the school community (students, staff, parents, guests) will:
- Respect the rights of others
- Respect the health and safety of others
- Respect the property of others
- Respect the legitimate authority of the school administrative officers and staff
- Respect and take pride in the school building
- Respect the diversity of the school community
- Respect the non-smoking nature of the district schools, and property
- Respect the individual rules within each school
- Behave in an ethical and lawful manner
- Behave in a considerate and courteous manner
- Behave in a safe and responsible manner
- Not threaten, harass, intimidate, or assault, in any way, and person within the school community; and
- Not be in possession of weapons, dangerous articles, alcohol or illegal drugs while in school or at school functions
Weapons and Violence
The School Board considers the possession of a weapon by a student on or near school property, or at school events, as a threat to safety and security of students and staff. Any student found to be in possession of a weapon will be subject to a severe disciplinary action and/or criminal charges.
Alcohol and Drugs
Students in possession and/or under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will be subject to disciplinary action including suspension, school transfer, and/or exclusion from school.