Our Counselling and Career Centre have very helpful, knowledgeable and capable staff to assist students and parents with a wide variety of topics including personal concerns, school life and post secondary.
Counsellors are available to assist students, parents and teachers. They help in many aspects of school life. Students are assigned to a counsellor alphabetically by surname.
The school counsellors are:
- Mr. K. Howlett A - L
- Mrs. S. Sundell M - Z
All Grade 8's and International Students
- Ms. S. Koo / Ms. J. Kugleman
The counsellors are trained to help with personal problems, course concerns, educational planning and career exploration. Counsellors are not involved in disciplining students and information shared with a counsellor is kept confidential. Except in cases of personal emergency, appointments are made. This ensures you will not have to wait too long to see the counsellor while they may be busy with other students.
To make an appointment, students should contact their counsellor before or after school, or fill out a “Request” form available in the Counselling Centre.
Parents may call a counsellor at 604-668-6600.
The Career Centre is open Tuesday, Thursday and alternating Fridays from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.
The Career Centre provides information in the following areas:
• Career and post-secondary program exploration
• Labour market trends and future outlook
• Educational, employment and volunteer opportunities abroad
• Employment search techniques and resume preparation
• Current information on post-secondary institutions
• Scholarships and financial aid
• Application forms e.g., college/university entrance, LPI, TOEFL, SAT.
• Apprenticeship training
• Career and educational opportunities in the Canadian Armed Forces
• Work placement options
For more information, go to the Career Centre website or visit Ms. Millar's facebook page. For career or post-secondary exploration or for assistance with any of the above topics students may book an appointment with Ms. Millar, Career Information Advisor.